Every six months or so I ask Scarlette the same set of 20 questions. It’s so much fun to see how she answers them as she gets older. (Here are her answers at two years old, three years old and four years old!) This time we added a couple of questions about her new baby brother into the mix. She’s currently convinced that he’s a robot.
1. What is something that Mommy says to you? “Good morning Pumpkin Pie!” (I have said this to her since she was born. The other day she cried because I just said “Good Morning” and she said “No! You have to call me Pumpkin Pie when the sun is doing the NOT setting!”)
2. What makes you happy? When we do chalk outside on the driveway and play board games. Oh, and when I dig a hole in the dirt and climb on the rocks! I’m going to climb all the rocks today probably.
3. What makes you sad? When you put me in timeout. Remember when you do-ed that and then I cried and cried. I do NOT like that.
4. What makes you laugh? When we were making silly noises. Ridley could probably like that.
5. How old are you? Five. You know-ed that! I just turned five! And I’m going to be six on my birthday. And then seven, eight, nine, ten! I can’t think about that.
6. How old is Mommy? Sixty two! (Me: What?!) Oh, um, sixty one? What is it? (Me: thirty two!) OH okay, hey can you tell my teachers that? Because they don’t know the right answer when they ask-ed me this question for MOTHER’S Day.
7. How old is Daddy? Oh! He is the same as you. But bigger.
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Play my Jake Legos with Daddy. And I like watching movies and then playing the characters when the movie ends. Can we go to the movies today? Those are some fun things I like to do.
9. Who is your best friend? Hayley and Phoenix because I like it when they come to my house and I like when I go to their house. Guess what! We could probably have a sleepover. Well, we could stay up all night and have some fun and sleep in a FORT.
10. What are you really good at doing? Doing some basketball hoops. I try to do the swishy throw but it didn’t work out too good so I tried something else. It’s called an Alley Oops. I’m really good at Alley Ooping. Then I did a loopty loop. I am so good at loopty loops.
11. What did you do today? I went to Janie’s house and drove a boat and I swim-med really good, I really did! And I had jelly toast but we did NOT get Dunkin Donuts. Oh and I didn’t play with my Barbies because I was waiting until it’s SPRINGTIME.
12. What is your favorite food? Well, I like rice and beans. And that rice that Daddy makes, that rice is yummy.
13. What is your favorite song? I like Maren Morris, Let It Go and Pitch Perfect 2 The Flashlight Song, you know how you have those in your car? Oh oh, and I also like Hello From The Other Side. I know we don’t have that one in the car but maybe you can put it in the car. (proceeds to serenade me with Adele.)
14. What is your favorite color? Pink, Green, Blue and all the colors of the rainbow. (Me: What if you had to choose just one color?) Uh, but no. I like all the colors.
15. What is your favorite animal? A pony and a horsie. Oh! And a dog! Oh and when a pig makes an oink sound! You know like OINK OINK OINK. That is so funny. I think you might should let me watch Peppa Pig. I think I might be getting old for that. And I think there are some Peppa Pig games on an app. Really! I think you should, Mommy. I AM getting old for that. I am.
16. What did you dream about? I dream-ed about that we were having a picnic with Gavin. And someone caught Gavin so we had to rescue him! Yeah, we got him in time. It was just a nice, cute baby spider. He didn’t know it was bad to take Gavin so then we were friends.
17. What is your favorite toy? All of my toys! I really like all of my toys! And the most toy I like is my blocks. I like when we build things.
18. What is your favorite fruit? Apples and peanut butter! I like some reds apples but they don’t taste very good with the seeds inside so those I don’t eat really because they taste a little bit minty I think. I do like green apples!
19. What is your favorite book? The new one you got me! The owl one! (Me: The Owl Diaries?) Yeah that one! And Biscuit, probably. He’s a funny doggy. Hey remember how I can read that one? I probably can do that.
20. What is your favorite thing to do outside? My most favorite thing is to swing on my saucer. And I wish I could FLY OFF and then land on a branch in a tree and then JUMP DOWN with a parachute! (Me: with a parachute?!) Yeah, I would do it VERY CAREFULLY and probably Daddy could catch me or something.
21. Can you tell me about your new baby brother? Um, we already know about him, REMEMBER? He came out of your tummy? You should know about this, Mommy.
22. Well, what do you think about having a baby brother? Well, I like him. And it’s funny when he poops. And I like when he beeps! I wish I was a real robot.
23. Do you like being a big sister? Yes, I do. But Tyler does NOT. (note: Tyler is her invisible friend.)
(Me: Thanks for answering all my questions!) You’re welcome! So okay, let’s put butter, water, milk and ice in a bucket and see what happens, okay? That could be a good idea.