Long before they contacted me about writing this post I was tapping away on my phone to pull up extra coupons. I love mobile coupons because they are so convenient. Plus, I hate using scissors. I cannot cut things in a straight line to save my life, not to mention that I hate how much ink is used when printing out coupons. And mobile coupons means that my “helper” cannot “help” me with my coupons. And by “help” I mean “dump my entire folder of nicely organized paper coupons in the aisle.” She’s cute though.
If you haven’t used Cartwheel yet, I’m going to introduce it to you now because y’all know I like saving money at Target (here is a post with tips and tricks for how I score great clearance deals and how to shop the secret toy sale) and I use this app all the time.
How To Use The Target Cartwheel App
– Download the free Target Cartwheel app to your iPhone or Droid phone.
– Scroll through the app to find coupons that you want to use and then add them to your Cartwheel list.
– The offers can be used multiple times. So, if you added an offer for 10% off of a certain brand of orange juice, you could buy 4 bottles of orange juice in one transaction and the discount would be applied to all 4 bottles of OJ.
– You start with 10 empty spaces on your list to fill with offers. You can earn more spaces by unlocking badges. You are awarded badges by referring friends to the app, reaching certain savings milestones, and through other interactions with the app. I think I have fifteen or twenty empty spaces that I can fill with coupons now.
– At checkout, hold up your phone to let the cashier scan the barcode and it will apply ALL of the coupons and discounts that you added. (If you don’t want to use the app on your phone, you can login on your desktop computer, add the coupons you want and print a barcode that the cashier can scan for you.)
My Favorite Features Of The Target Cartwheel App
– You can scan any item in the store and it will tell you if there is a coupon for the item in the Cartwheel app. So if I’m trying to decide between two similar items, I can scan it and BOOM. Item with a coupon wins. When I am finished shopping, I typically take my cart to an out-of-the-way area and then scan the items in my cart and add the coupons to my cartwheel app. It’s a serious money saver.
– You can link it with your facebook account and it will show you what offers your friends have added. You can choose to keep the offers you add to your list private (and certain categories, like undies, are already set to private), but the social share feature is helpful so that you don’t miss good offers. I might have missed the 20% off offer for The One Spot if I hadn’t seen it show up under my friends feed.
– You can stack discounts and Cartwheel with any other Target discounts or coupons, manufacturers’ coupons and your REDcard discount!
ETA: be sure to read through the comments of this post- there are some great tips that I didn’t know about!
So how about that $1,000 Target GiftCard®?!
Just leave me a comment telling me: What feature of the Target Cartwheel App is your favorite and you’ll be entered to win a $1,000 Target GiftCard®!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods: 1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post. 2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post. 3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post. 4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You have 72 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/30 – 2/28.
Be sure to visit the Target Cartwheel brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!